The early morning of 10 am thrusts through the window emanating radiant beams speaking those nurturing words of time to wake the fuck up. I've been trying to wake up early, but on days off, it is hard convincing myself leaving the bed is the best option for the day's folly. I normally ponder on days such as this should I remain here in my cushion-esque shell all day...why not abandon life just for today. Persuasion for leaving the bed comes in the form of making coffee...sweet aroma dark ooze soothing nostrils, taste and all. Twas not any meager coffee, but coffee mixed with Jameson...Irish coffee as my ancestors called it while they slaved mongst the potato fields sprinkled in famine and Jesus. I accompany my dear friend with a smoke following the daily ritual we call Radiohead:
The National Anthem
Time passes as Yorke sings his sweet melodies, time passes as the days follow through beginning to end yielding passage a day following somewhere in the mix; time passes bringing the seasons' changes summer clothes packed away anticipating the harsh winds o' winter; time passes here feeling more complete as a day reaches its conclusion...everything feels more complete I can remember all of these individual experiences I've ventured through in the past two months, whereas my last year in the states remains as a consistent series of work and the same old thing. Time well spent with friends can be taken from this, and there were plenty of exciting adventures held with these special folks, but nothing felt as a whole and it was if I was existing out of sheer necessity.
The other day some mates came roun my apartment and we worked on our character creation for a DnD campaign we are setting up. For those of you who have never played dungeons and dragons, you are certainly missing out, but all you need is the pdf of 2nd edition and some creativity...so get on that. The world we are building consists of a preapocalyptic society in the 17th century where the major desert religions are determined to slaughter the heretics (those who don't follow the same creed they do) and our clan of outlaws and all belongs to a dogmatic practice who worship Skrooj, God of Greed. The characters we have thus far: a conjurer, a bard, a ninja, a druid, a ranger and an illusionist. There is more to the backstory and yadda yadda yadda, but I will continue on this DnD discussion once we begin our first chapter a week from the upcoming Sunday.
I haven't been great about sitting down and writing recently, the only cardinal sin I find important in this secular living of mine. Alot of the time its sheer laziness coupled along the ever persistent thought of it amounts to nothing and then I remember this is my therapy, this is my creed scribbling (edit: typing) across blank canvasses watching the thoughts of mind create a subsistence that now breathes life no longer an entry of a memory always slipping away such a hard thing retaining knowledge of this and that when you have those to worry about. Luckily I have a concoction that helps me in putting these pieces together:
Exploration and the inspirational influx of walking giving way to new ideas remain the passions of mine that allow my easygoing nature of life. Constant interpretations the world revolving around me and my cynical observations of this person and that developing situation hiding over there in the corner waiting to be addressed perhaps even subtly demanding the attention. Today I attempted finding the police station I was driven to my first day here. Didn't take much with the clues of knowing it was near Kunming jie and there was a sign that seemed to say there was a police station 200 somethings to the right. My Chinese hasn't developed at all, but I have been meticulously perfecting my art: the nomenclature of pointing and the universal language of smiling. The smile never leaves my face so long as I travel through the world outside my little nestled abode. I enjoy watching people arguing in the streets over matters of driving. Have only seen a couple of accidents, but it is a display where the masses gather round and anticipate one dude punching another dude in the face...we leave in despair, no violence here today it stays in roun the H.K. Speaking of punching, a five year old boy in my class punched another of the students smack dab in the face this past Saturday. I looked over in the instant this demon child slammed his clenched fist into the mouth of the victim and I immediately ran over to diffuse the situation. The teacher's assistant had left the classroom so here I was explaining to a five year old Chinese boy he was in some deep fucking shit. The bastard starting crying as if he had done no wrong the fucking spoiled brat, expect nothing less from an only child spoiled his whole miserable existence constantly being reminded he the saint of some greater plane destined for anything regardless of the intelligence of willingness to become something...doomed for nothingness, perhaps rioting in the streets, something actually obtainable and practical for the violent twat. I moved the child's chair to a corner and he refuses to oblige then attempts to leave the classroom. I attempt blocking him but after a few seconds I realize I will not be able to calm down the child and there are fourteen other anxious/confused students in the classroom that I must attend to. I get out of the child's way and he proceeds to run down the corridor.
Moments later the teacher's assistant arrives back in asking what happened, and explaining to me how bad it looked the kid left the classroom without anyone since his parents are nearby watching. I explain that's a load of fucking bullshit, and that the kid must be psychotic if he's a five year old punching another child in the face. The assistant is shocked by my claim and asks if I'm positive the demon child punched the alleged victim in the mouth. "Of course I'm fucking sure, I've got two eyes don't I?" She asks the alleged victim and obviously he agrees yes, that demon child punched me in the face. Following class the father of Damien -- Note: I'm not an idiot and going to post this child's real name on the internet, so the alias arises declaring the child of our little story as no other than Damien...like the omen. Also note: I don't typically go around calling little kids bastards and demon child yet when you punch a child in the face and then try to act like I'm making shit up and I'm the asshole...I'm going to think you're a bastard, end of story -- asks me why his child was placed out of the classroom. Sadly enough, the demon child's father spoke English so I couldn't just walk away. I explained everything, then proceeded to wait 5 minutes (during my 20 minute break where I still had to walk 5 minutes back to the school since I was at the kindergarten down the street) as the demon child voraciously cried weeping deceitful tears and the father keeps saying Damien apologize to Mr Drew, Damien apologize to Mr. Drew and it goes on and on I bite my tongue wishing I had had a pot of coffee before work instead supplementing my elixir with a mere cola, a 20 ouncer if you will, and not even a cigarette, biting my tongue and counting my time wondering when will this sick nightmare end and will this happen again next week because certainly I will say good day to you sir talk to my employers for further disclosure I have somewhere to be you shant have me wait here again for the same old folly of last week.
In other news, work is actually going rather well, I just had that run in this past weekend and it really fucking irritated me mainly because this father thinks I should give special attention to the demon child when there are 14 other students in my class and none of them go around punching children in the face. I could go on and on about the positives/negatives of work, but I have to deal with that at work, so praise work and praise Mao, and now I shall enjoy my home stay for the evening as I continue being merry on wine and writing this selfrightous gibberish to be passed down the millenniums, so I digress from the altercation of this past weekend and continue onto a more...somber discourse, a conclusion where all the points meet together and conclude amongst themselves.
Nearly two months have passed, and I already feel completely immersed into my environment. These two months have been filled with memories, moments and experiences that shall continue to develop and they will persistently build me up as a more self-aware and globally consciousness individual. I don't have a camera, nor do I intend to buy a new phone until my old shitty one dies so I apologize but eventually I will bombard you folks with photos galore inviting your eyes and minds into the beautiful (relatively speaking) city of Dalian, so until then...read national geographic, I suppose. It's been nearly a month since my last blog post, and I have plenty of other material I can write about, so check back soon I'll try to get back on it as a weekly thing
Or not...only time will tell...as it passes
No comments:
Post a Comment