Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Poetry in Progress III

The Path; The Way; The Course Taken
I know what I should do
Tis a matter of what I know
And what is done
Two separate binaries
Zero correlation
How to put these together?

That’s my task as of recent
I know there’s some way to put them together
Has to be
Research points to yes
An indefinite confirmation waiting to be found
It’s out there
Somewhere, just don’t know where but
Somewhere, it’s a place to start
So I know the path
It’s there
Hanging out there
Now, what way brings me to the path
I see it
Hanging out there
Far off in the distance
Clouds covering the subtle beast
Mongst the mist
Between velvet sheets a many
Sitting there
Pondering off in the distance
Asking me to tag along
The journey to come

The course taken is one not of the path
Nor the way
It’s a course taken my own direction
My own dictation of things unfolding into
Nothingness
Plain and simple
The way I like it
Sitting there
Pondering there
Asking questions and wanting no answers
It’s a course for now
The path is there
The way is there
But for now
I take my course
Looking off to the way
Following this path
Letting things happen

As they do

18th Hour
She will walk through
This door
I am sure
Until then
I puff, pass, puff
Put out
A knock, emerges

Put it all away
Any excess thoughts
Thinking simply
What will I eat for dinner?
What’s the weather like today?
How was your day?
My day was fine,
Will I ever fulfill my full potential?
Strike the last one out of thought
Simple solutions
Void of much thought

She is looking lovely
Makeup done the way I like it and
Cleavage to tease me
Licking her lips
Knowing I won’t be going down on them
Tonight

Midsummers evening
Too hot for the likes of me
Sweating direly
Sipping on warmed tea
Faint glances made to me
Wondering what’s going on in her mind
And when I’ll get under her skirt

Cat meows
Radio plays
Wildling through
The days
Red Maos
Dirty bays
Drifting through
The ways

Hands turning
That bastard clock never right
Time irrelevant
No matter
I continue
The best to my ability
Knowing nothing else
This is my knowing
Touching myself discreetly

She strolls sweet eternity
This hollow room
I am sure
Now is then, then is now
I puff, puff, puff
Put out the brain
A meaning, emerges

Tire
Sleepy today
Nestled inside
I don’t want to hide
But I can’t write
Express myself
Not today
Too many thoughts to think
And not enough to stencil in
Between their stenches when
Smelling roses
My primary desire
Nothing in bloom
Though
Desolate wasteland
Finding myself here
Questioning
A beer and fag in hand
Pissed as
Playing with kitty
Seventh Hour
Time passing
Faster right now
Why can’t it go by slower?
Wish it would just hurry up!
Ready for
Sleeping
Dreams to wish away the day
What a time it was
Ready for the next
Done with this
Keep drinking
Won’t do
Still up
Thinking now
Ha, now that’s a queer thought
Thinking
About what, exactly?
Unsure, still
Thinking
Not moving
Or doing anything towards any progression in living
Now that would be something
A thing quite strange and foreign to someone like me
Eighth hour now
Or is it the ninth?
Can’t be bothered thinking such thoughts
When there are other things to think about
Like the thing I never did
That I god damn well should have
Remain regretting
Revisited hollows
No matter
Pondering
If this was that and that
Turned out to be those
What will be was what was done
Surely, that is the way it is
And, still
Nothing better to do
Than sitting here
Wondering
At this moment
What else I could have done to diverge from this path
I saw the edge of the cliff ages ago
Knew it was coming to this
This purgatory of constantly being ready to fall
Anticipating the plunge
The bends that would follow
I went to university for hrist’s sake
What else could be expected of me?
I’ve got this job
It’s not the best I could find
There were other options
Down the line
I know I could do better
This is it
However
What it is
Little boxes
Nestled inside
Finding the comfort in what I have
Munching poison
Inhaling toxins
A sickly body is this
It tires me
But I am tired
Tired of caring
Tired of trying
Tired of speaking
Tired of being tired
Plain tired
Tired as tired can be
So nothing else to say
Thrusting down: the weary pen
I remain here: my dreary den

Sunshone
Cold days abandoned
Here comes the sun
Over crescent mount Tai
Above pyramids plundering

Shine silence
A gay feeling inside
Crazy Island I call home
Shadows shone sea holm

Aqua sea foam shame
Consciousness exchanged
Idealness received
Happiness aggrieved

I prayed for the warmth
And now that it is here
Humility soaks the sickened skin drought
Intuition speaks silently of secret doubt

Stoned Forest
Smoke life until death amongst the smiling grasses this stoned forest the stone figures embracing a lover’s quarrel  the marriage no parole left wondering I toss the half-smoked reefer spliff into the depths of the pond marvel the granite formations raising against god’s blue sky the sun blinds my eyes as the irises zoom in on the beauty the whole god damn scene radiating brilliance no life rests in the waters below none living in the clouds above I continue walking down that grassy road viewing those manmade mountains not a worry in the world a couple approached me knowing not my tongue providing astute pantomiming their request a simple picture I comply and snap a few iconic shots of the lovers against the backdrop of endless granite oasis the scene painting the lover’s quarrel those two stones lips extended never touching I return the phone they smile and I continue on my merry way I spot a casual coffee joint in the distance and decide best to spend some time here too bothered looking at manmade stones for miles and miles instead a whiskey please and a cup of Joe they follow my order soon after sitting there peacefully a man approaches me with other men asks if they can join and of course I invite them to sit down they want to see how much I can drink so I do as I am told beating them to the punch pushing back the liquor quick as the hands can move and throat react smiling only chaser a cup of Joe can feel it in my liver and the acid reflux that follows these fools before me know not my ability I wager a bet they refuse walk off and I sit there alone looking out at those stones a many light up a fag wondering if it’ll ever end and why they are there
And I ask for my bill
And I leave
And I anticipate going back
Back to this magical forest
A Narnia in Eden
But I’ve other things
Things of importance
That take away my time now
For the time being


Hu Men
They pat down the crowd
I approach
White face and all
Not a finger on my fabric
Here I am
Plentiful Wasteland
Flowers in bloom
Came as they were
As they should be
I see his face across the way
Here I am
Walking on cement
Here I am
Waiting for the exit
Here I am
There are happy families a many
Not a care in the world
Little emperors strutting this way and that
I know deep down
Something is odd here
History erased built anew
A tarnished image
Of an ideal world
I am strolling
Here, I am strolling
Trying not to think
Basking in the sun
Ancient red sun oppressive blaze cast down
Memories sweat from these porcelain glands
I take a photo mongst the flowers
And snap a picture of the
Forbidden City
Tarnished, and built anew

End
It doesn’t need an ending:
Not now;
Not yet;
Not ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment